Endurance Tap Nutrition
Endurance Tap Brand Story
Endurance Tap was founded in 2014 by co-founders, Pat and Matt, to solve a need in sports nutrition: Create an energy gel made of real food ingredients. As amateur endurance athletes trying to live a healthy lifestyle, they wanted to steer clear of consuming energy gels that they considered 'junk food'.
A few months and many experiments later, Pat and Matt launched their salted maple energy gel. Their goal? To create the best energy gel on the market (they would say they nailed it). Their maple syrup, sea salt, and ginger gel worked out better than their processed competitors:
- Better digestion
- Easier to consume (a thin syrup, no water chaser needed)
- More even energy release
- ... and it tastes amazing, with no flavour fatigue!
Endurance Tap has built a mighty fan base from the get go, and they've been growing steadily ever since.
As the brand grew from its humble beginnings, Pat and Matt, and the broader Endurance Tap team, grappled with the company's environmental impact. With every gel sold, the company was contributing more plastic to our planet's environmental crisis. The thought that training and racing could be detrimental to the environment, too, did not sit well with them.
So! They searched for biodegradable or recyclable packaging for the Endurance Tap pouches. While it's just not possible (yet), they are taking other actions:
- Reduce: Offer their flagship Classic Tap in a 15-shot multi-serve pouch using 75% less plastic compared to 15 individual servings, and sell it with a reusable shot glass (for at home) and flask (for on the go).
- Offset: To help offset the impact of its packaging, Endurance Tap has joined 1% for the Planet, committing to donate 1% of its revenue to environmental causes.
Now that's something we can all be proud of!
Today, the company's values are three-fold:
- Quality: With nutritious, purpose-built fuel, an athlete can achieve their best performance.
- Simplicity: The best solution is often the simplest. Whether it's ingredients, packaging or otherwise, Endurance Tap aims to find the simplest path forward.
- Conscious: Endurance Tap wants to be deliberate in its business choices, relentlessly re-evaluating its products to perform better and reduce its environmental footprint.
Why NOMAD Loves Endurance Tap
There's a lot to love about Endurance Tap.
Endurance Tap energy gels are simple: They contain three ingredients, are all natural and easy to digest, and contain everything we need to fuel our monster training session or races. With Endurance Tap energy gels, we know we can satisfy our nutritional needs without any unpronounceable ingredients, we won't run into awful stomach troubles, and it isn't messy (it has a cap!). Plus, have we mentioned that it's yummy?
When we feel like we need an extra kick to get us going, we opt for the Endurance Tap with caffeine. It features the same yummy taste and high-quality ingredients we know and love with the addition of 35mg of caffeine from green coffee bean extract.
Endurance Tap Energy Gels
Among the key benefits of Endurance Tap energy gels are:
- 100 calories derived from natural, high-quality ingredients (Canadian maple syrup, Canadian sea salt, and ginger)
- Easy to digest, featuring Endurance Tap's proprietary formula that contains just the right amount of ginger to help aid digestion and prevent an upset stomach
- 50 mg of sodium plus all of the minerals and antioxidants needed to fuel peak performance
- Even energy release (avoid the blood sugar spikes experienced with maltodextrin-based gels)
- Highly water-soluble (say goodbye to the water chaser!)
- Fuel your way (fueling is individual - that's why Endurance Tap added a resealable cap, so individuals can decide how much to consume and how often (Endurance Tap suggests every 20-45 minutes)
Endurance Tap Organic Stroopwafels
If you're keen on thinking outside the box of typical performance nutrition, Endurance Tap offers organic stroopwafels (cool, eh?). These are optimal for long runs, rides, hikes - whenever you're on the go, or just in need of a snack!
Shop Endurance Tap in Canada with NOMAD.